Friday 19 October 2012

California, beer and birds.

Just back and the highlights were many, but what was really good was the amount of micro breweries in Northern California. A good pint was available at every restaurant or bar and lots of them were named after wildlife or wild places. We only did one day birding proper but everywhere we went I was looking for wildlife and was not disappointed. An amazing place with lots to offer especially if you like big trees, more pics soon. 

Anna's Hummingbird (tiny)
Big on flavour
White tailed deer ?

never had a sore head
both good 
Red tailed hawk 
don't drink more than 8 at altitude






3 comments:

  1. Nice to see you enjoyed yourself without any hampering headaches. I dont think you will be able to improve much on your new hobby of obtaining 6 packs of beer then seeing how fast you can empty them back in the UK.

    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will keep practicing, do they still make Kestrel lager

      Allan

      Delete
    2. They probably do but if my memory serves me right I thought bottled pee tasted better

      John

      Delete