Sunday 13 January 2013

Cured at last

After a prolonged battle with the flu (despite several attempts at drowning it) I finally got out to Big Waters this morning. The lake was half frozen but still held a lot of Wigeon, some Teal and Mallard. On  the walk round we saw 2 Curlew and heard Kingfisher and Golden plover, a field half covered in Wood pigeon also had 2 Lapwing in it. The regular wintering flock of Greylag was only 35 strong and the Canada geese were 18 in number. My garden as ever was host to lots of Tree spuggies, probably about 30 all told. My feed bill is getting expensive but what can I do, they must eat. 



2 comments:

  1. Glad to see your back on the road again.
    I would volunteer to have the spuggies in my garden and feed them but I dont think that will ever happen down here, but I will live with my beautiful band of the other type of spuggies

    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Hi John
      I can get you some seed if you still want it £16 for 20kg and I should have a full price list from him tonight for the rest of his range.
      Allan

      Delete