Wednesday 19 September 2012

Spot the Leo

 A quick visit to my mothers for a cup of tea saw Tree spuggy, Siskin and Greenfinch on her feeders.Then I went birding on the patch I served my time on, the Hawthorne there is just waiting for Redwing and Fieldfare to arrive. A closer look at one bush and two orange eyes stared back at me.
Tree sparrow
Siskin and Greenfinch


Spot the Long eared owl 
I can see you
 Those of you who know me will know where this is, but the behavior of a small minority of photographers stops me disclosing the sight.You know the type, no bins but tape lures and they are good at climbing fences. The type where the image captured is more important than the bird, tossers basically.



7 comments:

  1. Allan,

    Great spot mate. All that training I gave you is eventually paying off eh......

    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be forever in your debt, your years of experience make you a great mentor


      Allan

      Delete
  2. I'm sworn to secrecy so cant tell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping stum the Leo will appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if anyone springs to mind following that description. I can think of 50 at least.
    My record spotting Owls whether Little, Short or Long-eared is shocking so i have more chance of Spotting The Ball !!! ( i think it's on the owls head by the way....just before he pops it in the net over the keeper)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leo is in the top left corner, stick with Howden blogger for owl sightings he taught my everything I know.

      Delete
  5. I will, i will.

    He has a reputation among the birding fraternity second to none. Not allowed to say what it is though.

    ReplyDelete